LAZER 103.3’s Lazerfest Battle of the Bands Presented by AT&T
Official Contest Rules as of: 4/22/10 @ 3:00pm
1. “LAZER 103.3’s Lazerfest Battle of the Bands” presented by AT&T is an online contest that
will occur from 4/19/10 until 5/7/10 (hereinafter referred to as “contest”) in which two
contestants will win a spot on the Lazerfest 2010 lineup and receive a minimum 15 minute set.
They will also receive a ticket for each band member and limited back stage access.
2. How to Win:
A. Patron may enter contest online at www.lazer1033.com by filling out a submission form
and submitting a photo, mp3 song, and bio of their band starting Monday 4/19/10 at 8am
and by Sunday 4/25/10 by 12am.
B. LAZER 103.3 has the final say of what content is appropriate for the website.
- All Entries must at least half the band live in and be based from the state of Iowa
- All submission fields must be filled out completely
C. Any photographs and mp3’s submitted to LAZER 103.3 become property of LAZER
103.3 and may be used in any manner we feel fit in the future.
D. Patrons may vote online once per day from Monday 4/26/10 @ 12pm through Thursday
5/6/10 at 12:00pm.
E. LAZER 103.3 has the final say as to who is the winner of the contest.
F. Winner of the contest will be announced on Friday 5/7/10.
- 70% of the final decision will be based on public voting
- 30% of the final decision will be made from Lazer 103.3 staff
These are the rules governing all contests aired on Lazer 103.3 and on the lazer1033.com website. In the following rules, “Lazer 103.3” means Saga Communications of Iowa, which owns Lazer 103.3 radio:
1. No purchase is necessary to enter any LAZER 103.3 contest.
2. Some LAZER 103.3 contests will have specific rules that may amend these eligibility values,
and these rules will be aired on LAZER 103.3 during said contest. Any prize awarded to an
ineligible listener will be deemed null and void, and an alternate eligible winner may be named.
3. Anytime you call the LAZER 103.3 studios you assume that your call will be broadcast or
recorded and you grant us permission to broadcast the call or record if for later broadcast.
4. As a winner of a LAZER 103.3 contest your voice, name and/or picture may be used for
promotional, broadcast, or internet purposes.
5. Prizes awarded are not redeemable for cash. No prize is transferable. No substitution for a
prize will be made at the request of winner. LAZER 103.3 reserves the right to substitute a
prize of similar value.
6. All winners of all contests are responsible for all taxes on prize awarded. All winners of a
prize valued at $600 or more will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms at the
LAZER 103.3 studios prior to claiming prize. All winners will be sent a 1099 MISC federal
tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won exceeds $600.
7. In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any
governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child
support order, judgment, lien, and the like), LAZER 103.3 delivery of the prize to the official
representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as
LAZER 103.3 awarding the prize to the winner. LAZER 103.3 shall be entitled to rely in
good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in
lieu of the winner. LAZER 103.3 shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages
8. All LAZER 103.3 contests are open to all eligible U.S. residents 18 or over (unless otherwise
specified). Contestants must possess a valid form of identification bearing the picture of the
contestant acceptable to LAZER 103.3 that will be presented to LAZER 103.3 and accepted
before the prize is awarded.
9. LAZER 103.3, Saga Communications of Iowa, it’s parent corporation, Saga
Communications, Inc, Fenders Cycle, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors,
employees, and immediate families of each, and principals and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the LAZER 103.3 main studio are not
eligible to win any contest.
10. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Contest is void where prohibited.
11. LAZER 103.3 reserves the right to disqualify any winner if any contest rules are violated in
12. LAZER 103.3, Saga Communications of Iowa, it’s parent corporation, Saga
Communications, Inc., Fenders Cycle assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents
arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. LAZER 103.3, Saga
Communications of Iowa, it’s parent corporation, Saga Communications, Inc, their
advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each
absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any
contest or prize awarded in any contest.
13. Employees of LAZER 103.3 and Des Moines Radio Group, and its ultimate parent company,
Saga Communications, Inc., Fenders Cycle, their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest
sponsors, employees and immediate families of each, and employees of all media of mass communication within a one hundred mile radius of the LAZER 103.3 main studio are not
eligible to win any contest. Immediate family includes the spouse, great-grandparents,
grandparents, parents, brothers, sisters, children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren of the
employee and his/her spouse. This also includes individuals for whom the employee is current
14. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, LAZER 103.3 reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at
the discretion of LAZER 103.3 management if world events, the national mood, or public
safety so warrant.
15. LAZER 103.3 reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. The judges
decision is always final.
16. For any contest requiring phone entry you must use only the following number unless
otherwise specified: (515) 244-1033. The person operating the telephone at LAZER 103.3
has the final decision as to who is the winning caller.
17. LAZER 103.3 shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on
difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or Internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any
18. The following are specifically related to E-contests and E-Mail Club promotions on
a. All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be
b. To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of LAZER 103.3, as
defined at the exclusive discretion of LAZER 103.3 management.
c. Any problems with the Internet or email are not LAZER 103.3’s responsibility.
19. Due to the nature of our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, contests heard
on the radio station’s internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests are
heard on the broadcast station, and will be running behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all
contests heard are delayed. This delay can last for as much as 30 seconds or more.
This means that when LAZER 103.3 contests are played that require a specific caller
to telephone the radio station (such as “Caller number 10 when you hear the sound effect”),
listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those
listeners who hear the contests on-air.
20. A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the LAZER 103.3, 1416 Locust
St, Des Moines, Iowa.